More About The Anonymous Me
When my friend Kate tagged me for another meme, I hesitated going through with it (sorry Kate, still love you!) for two reasons. The first is my tendency to share too much and go to dark places when asked to reveal things about myself (also famous last words in my last meme didn’t turn out so well) and second, well, I’m supposed to stay semi-anonymous in this blog and the more I write about the details of my life, the less anonymous I am.
BUT, I love Kate and she tagged me and let’s face it, I like talking about myself, so I decided to do it.
Here is it is:
All About Me
10 years ago: I was 27 and desperately alone. I’m talking ALONE. I had just moved to a new city and didn’t know anyone. I was starting to become friends with a few people from work. I was also starting to date some wrong guys (and I mean WRONG) and the possibility of finding and marrying my dream husband wasn’t even in my wildest imagination. Oh yeah, and my job was kicking my ass.
8 years ago: I was 29 and life was better than when I was 27. I had a nice place and a few really great friends. My job was still kicking my ass and I was seriously thinking about quitting and moving back to the city that I came from. At the beginning of my 29th year I was still dating the seriously wrong guys but somewhere in the middle of that year, I met the man that I never thought I’d find.
6 years ago: I was 31 and I had recently moved to another city with the man that I never thought I’d find. I loved my job. I hated my apartment. I had just gotten engaged and was planning the wedding that I never thought I’d have.
2 years ago: I was 35 and had JUST given birth to my second son. I was sleep deprived and having problems breast feeding. It was a hard couple of weeks. I’ll leave it at that.
Five yummy things:
1. Cheese. OK, I LOVE cheese. I mean seriously, I eat cheese every day. I’m all about cheese plates and trying new cheeses. Give me a great French feta and I’m so happy. Thank god for cows and goats!
2. Bread. This is my second biggest love (actually, it’s probably tied for first). I love all the different breads including the crazy 50 grain multi-everything breads! My heart sings when I walk into a bakery.
3. Steak. I love my meat.
4. Fresh squeezed orange juice.
5. Nuts. Just add nuts to any dessert and I’m all over it!
Five songs I know by heart:
This is hard because I don’t really know songs by heart but here are a few.
1. Nothing Compares To You – Sinead O’Connor.
2. Depeche Mode – Violator – 1990 – I know almost every song. LOVED that album.
3. Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
4. Mango Fandango – (one of my son’s favorite songs from preschool)
5. You’re Beautiful – James Blunt
Five places I would like to escape to:
OK, I have a problem with this question. I don’t want to escape to anywhere because my house is my favorite place BUT for a vacation:
1. Paris – So romantic. Really beyond compare.
2. Florence – It’s like a dream and the food is amazing.
3. Santorini – Wow, it’s gorgeous.
4. Istanbul – Loved this city, its history, its grandeur, its food!
5. Dubrovnik – If you’ve never been, GO! It’s spectacular.
Five things I would never wear:
1. Tube top (I can’t because of my large boobs).
2. I can’t think of anything else I wouldn’t wear…I’d pretty much try anything.
Five favorite TV shows (on the air now – I have a different list if it’s of all time):
3.CSI (nothing but the original in Las> Vegas).
4. Two And A Half Men
5. 30 Rock
Five things I enjoy doing:
1. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while you will know my number 1 – Sleeping!
3. Traveling (except that I HATE the flying part of traveling).
4. Eating – This goes without saying but if I’m going to be honest, this is one of the big loves of my life.
5. Well, you know.
Five Favorite toys:
1. Laptop – This should really be listed for all five because that’s how much I love my laptop!
2. TV – I love my TV (and the DVD that plays movies on my TV). My husband used to refer to our TV has my “best friend.” That’s before I started blogging.
3. Books – The kind that just take you away from it all.
4. Cell phone – I have to have my cell phone at all times. I don’t like talking on the phone but I love having my phone with me in case someone needs to reach me or I need to reach my family and friends.
5. Does the refrigerator count as a toy?